Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Florida Cold

What a beautiful morning it has been. When I woke up, I had no idea what to expect. My heater was working perfectly in the house, and I stepped into a steaming hot shower. For the first time in a while, I actually got to wake up and see my wife and spend a little time with her. So everything was toasty and perfect.

Until I got outside.

Instantly upon walking out of the front door, my ears hurt. My nose turned bright red and my hands went numb. I actually had to go inside and get my gloves. (The only reason I own gloves is because we take an annual trip to Tennessee). This is not how Florida is supposed to feel. Did we do something wrong to deserve such a punishment? I greatly prefer the warmth of being inside my house. It is much more comforting.

Like being in Christ.

Matthew 11:28-30: (The Message)
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Talk about comfort! I am fully convinced that no comfort is greater than when we find ourselves in Christ. No matter how warm and cozy my home is, no matter how many amazing massage chairs I can sit in at Brookstone, nothing compares to having comfort in my soul.

I want to consume myself in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment