Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No One's Going to Ready This...

I have never had any desire to blog. For the Longest time, I didn't know what blogging was.

And then there were all the blogs. People everywhere wanted to blog, wanted to let people know about their lives. Like people cared.

People from within our church congregation told me that I needed to blog. They told me that I should type out my life for people to see. Like people would care.

I have never been more sure of something in my life: No one is going to read a blog by a youth minister. No one cares. But here goes nothing- I now have a blog.

Before, I said that the most sure thing in my life was that no one would care. Well, that's not true at all. The thing that I am most sure about in my life is that I want to follow Christ more completely. I want everything in my existence to be completely dedicated to HIM: my marriage, my speech, my conduct, even my precious kitty Ben. Everything in my life is HIS.

I am convinced that this is the only way to have a truly fulfilling life: Give it all to Christ.

I watched the inauguration today on the internet, feeling for the first time truly hopeful for our new president. I hope he succeeds in fixing our nation, but I think many people have placed their hope in the wrong place. No man can fix this nation, only the Creator can. But we have to give it all to Christ.

Personally, I'm nervous now. I have my yearly evaluation at the church, as conducted by the loving eldership of our congregation. This could be my first and last blog as a youth minister (hopefully kidding). But I know everything is in the power of God. I have to give it all to Christ.

No matter what I have or don't have, everything will belong to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment